The buzz on honey
Have you tried the local honey yet? Add yet another activity during your stay on the island of Crete. Try some local honey and come and join us for a visit at a bee garden right at the foot hills of the White Mountains.
During spring the slopes and medaws of the White Mountains are blossoming with thyme and other flowering herbs. This is the time that some of the best honey in the world is harvested!
Discover thyme honey
One of the signature products of Greece Learn first hand how one of the signature products of Greece is produced. Spend time with the beekeeper, walk through the bee hives overlooking the sea and enjoy the buzzing sounds of the bees as they come and go from their crowded homes. Pick some herbs, investigate the local flora and discover the different stages and secrets of honey production. As you spot the queen bee you will try some honey directly form the bee hive and end your morning with some local cuisine, you will enjoy lunch with honey and raki!
Want to discover more about the “Api world”? Now we can design a couple of days for you where you can investigate the bee hives in detail. Learn how to keep your own bee hives and collect honey. You will shadow the bee keeper and receive a crash course on beekeeping. Find out more here and give us a BUZZ.
The Bee Garden Experience
- Region: West Crete, Chania – Apokoronas
- Destination: The Olive Farm in Litsarda
- Duration: 2+ hours
- Difficulty: easy
- Price per person: Contact us and we will give you the exact rates, kids below the age of 10 are free, older kids receive a 10% discount
- Transport: If you require transportation to and from Litsarda please estimate an additional charge of €15 per person for groups of 10
- Visit to the bee garden, demonstration by the bee keeper, honey sampling
- Protective hats
- Traditional lunch, coffee and raki
- Hosts / Guides
Please year a long sleeve shirt /top and closed shoes