Hand Picked Greece Terms and Conditions
In these booking conditions, the following words have the following meanings (except where the context otherwise requires):
- “We/us/our/the company ” Means Opsonia Ltd, trading as Hand Picked Greece
- “The Event” Means any holiday, accommodation, activity or function organised or advertised by us.
- “You, the client” Means the person who has signed the booking form and includes all the people on whose behalf you have signed.
- “Supplier” Means the company or person that is holding or providing the event or any part of it.
- “Price” Means the total cost of the event.
Opsonia ltd trading as Hand Picked Greece, accepts bookings subject to the following conditions. Except where expressly stated, these conditions only apply to tour arrangements booked by the client with the Company and which the Company agrees to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of their contract with the client. All references in these conditions to “tour”, “holidays”, “booking”, “contract” or “arrangements” mean such tour arrangements unless otherwise stated. Please note, the information appearing in the sections headed “Holidays”, “Destinations”, “Activities”, “Accommodation”, “What’s included” – “View Holidays” in our brochure or in these or any comparable sections and any other relevant information on our website also form part of your contract with the Company. References in these conditions to such sections include the comparable sections or information on our website.
These terms and conditions govern the contract between you and us to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions save for those implied by law, and no variation to these terms and conditions shall be valid unless in writing and signed by you and the company director.
- Your tour contract
The contract is between the Company and the client (“the client” and “you” in these conditions), being any person travelling or intending to travel on a tour operated by the Company including any person who is added or substituted after booking. We both agree that English law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description, which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury), which arises between us, must be dealt with by the Courts of England, Wales and Scotland only. No employee of the Company other than a director has authority to vary or omit any of these terms. No promise of a discount or refund will be binding on us unless confirmed by us in writing.
- Formation of Contract – Lead Name
No contract shall arise between you and us until we have received the deposit payable and we have sent to you written confirmation (This can be in the form of an email) of our acceptance of your booking.
The lead name on any booking warrants that he/she is at least 18 years old and has full authority to enter into a contract on the basis of these conditions on behalf of all persons named on the booking, accepts the full responsibility of collecting the full balance payable for the booking and indemnifies Hand Picked Greece against any loss from any individual failing to pay within your group. The lead name of the group is also responsible for ensuring that all group members are aware they are bound by our terms and conditions. The lead name is also responsible for the completion of the online guest list on behalf of all persons on the booking. It is understood that those booking via email or telephone agree to, and accept our terms and conditions.
All clients (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date), whether booking in person, by telephone, via our website, by e-mail or facsimile or by any other means, will be deemed to have agreed to the following four conditions:
- they have read and accepted our booking conditions and general information pages (including the sections headed “Holiday Overview”, “Dates”, “Prices”, “Book now” contained in our brochure and/or on our website.
- they appreciate and accept the risks involved in every travel.
- they do not suffer from any pre-existing medical condition or disability which may prevent them from actively participating in the tour – if any person suffers from any medical condition or disability which will or may affect their tour arrangements, please contact us before making your booking as referred to in clause 3 below so that we can advise and take care to accommodate all extra needs.
- Securing your booking – Payment & Deposits
To secure a booking, the Company or their authorised travel agent must receive payment of the minimum non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 25% of the total tour price, per person, (or full payment if booking within 60 days of the start of your holiday or at an earlier stage for some holidays). A higher deposit will be payable if any supplier(s) requires additional payment at the time of booking prior to balance due date. On occasions, full payment for a service may be required at the time of booking. The applicable deposit will be confirmed at the time of booking. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when the Company issues a confirmation invoice to the client who makes the booking or their authorised travel agent. It is at this point that a contract between the Company and the client comes into existence.
For bookings made via our website, any acknowledgement of your booking request we send to you in the meantime is not a confirmation of your booking. Before your booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force, the Company reserves the right to increase or decrease holiday prices. The Company or their agents reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
If you book via our website, we will communicate with you by e-mail. You must accordingly check your e-mails on a regular basis. We may also contact you by telephone and/or post if we cannot, for whatever reason, contact you by e-mail. Certain documents may need to be sent by post. References in these conditions to “send” and “in writing” or similar include communication by e-mail. You should contact us by e-mail if you need to do so for any of the reasons mentioned in these booking conditions (for example, to request an amendment). All e-mails should be sent to email@example.com
The balance of all payments, including any surcharges applicable at that time, must be received by the Company or their authorised travel agent not later than 60 days before the start of your tour. Failure to pay by this date will result in a £10.00 per person late payment charge. If you do not make your payments by the due dates given then you shall be deemed to have cancelled the event. Deposits are used by us to enter into the contractual arrangements on your behalf and are non refundable.
Payments can be made with a valid Credit Card or Debit Card, online bank transfers or cheque(s) made payable to Hand Picked Greece where upon receipt we will endeavour to place the booking for you at the same price, although this cannot be guaranteed. We will notify you should there be an increase in price.
If a promised cheque is not received or does not clear upon presentation we hold the right to cancel the reservation. Non-clearing or returned unpaid cheque will incur a £40 transaction charge. All debit and credit cards are subject to £0.60 and 3.5% surcharge to the total cost of each transaction, respectively. We reserve the right to increase this charge if the card issuer’s charges also increase so that we can cover the costs. Any credit card chargebacks incur a fee of £35 to cover for banking and merchant charges.
If you have a voucher from Hand Picked Greece only one can be used per booking.
- If you change your booking
- An administration fee of £25 per booking plus any additional costs or charges incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers will be charged if a confirmed booking is changed or transferred to a different departure date or tour, up to 60 days prior to departure. Thereafter all changes will be treated as cancellations and subject to cancellation charges (please see below). Changes are subject to availability. For an administration fee of £25 per booking, you can request a credit voucher for the amount paid in respect of any cancelled booking. This must be redeemed within 3 months of issue against a new booking. The voucher is not transferable, can only be redeemed against one booking and cannot be exchanged for cash. No refund or further credit voucher will be provided if the cost of the new booking is less than the value of the credit voucher.
- If a client is unable to travel, in circumstances that the Company considers reasonable, the booking or that client’s place on the booking may be transferred to another suitable person (introduced by you). However the tour arrangements must remain the same as originally booked. If a transfer can be made, an administration charge of £40 per person transferring his/her place if the Company is advised up to your balance due date or £100 per person if advised after your balance due date, together with any costs or charges incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any supplier(s) in making the transfer must be paid before the transfer can be made. Any overdue balance payment must also be received.
- Other alterations made by You
We shall try to accommodate any reasonable changes you wish to make to the event. In general such changes can be free of charge provided that the tour remains economically viable. Alterations and amendment requests should be made with us and not end suppliers and should be made in writing to us by the lead name. These changes shall not be deemed accepted until we have confirmed in writing to you. If you wish to increase or decrease the number of persons participating in the event you may do this up to 60 days prior to the date upon which your event is due to start. Amendments after that date will incur our administration charge of £25 per person. Destination changes will also be subject to our administration charges. We cannot guarantee that the change to the price will be pro-rata, but will depend upon the arrangements we are able to make with our suppliers. Subject to our written agreement you may transfer your booking to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the event
- If you cancel your booking
Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day that written or verbal notification is received by the Company or their authorised travel agent, as a percentage of the total tour price per person cancelling, excluding any amendment charges and insurance premiums. The cancellation charges shown below are those, which will apply to most tours. However, some suppliers have conditions, which require the payment of higher or different charges (including the imposition of 100% cancellation charges well in advance of the normal balance due date), which you will have to pay in the event of cancellation. You will be advised at the time of booking if this is the case for your tour.
You may cancel your booking 60 and more days before the tour start days, however your initial deposit is non refundable. If you cancel with us less than 60 days before the start of the trip the cancellation fee is a minimum of 30% of the total booking cost, or the total amount paid to us at that time. Please see the table below for the exact cancellation fees. If you cancel with us within 14 days of the travel date then the cancellation fee is 100% of the total cost of the booking. All cancelations must be made in writing from the lead name on the booking.
|60 + days before tour start date||Retention of deposit|
|59 – 42 days before tour start date||30%|
|41 – 28 days before tour start date||60%|
|27 – 14 days before tour start date||90%|
|Less than 14 days before tour start date||100%|
Depending on your reason for cancellation, you may be able to recover these charges under your insurance policy. All claims must be made directly with the insurance company.
In the event of cancellation amendment charges and insurance premiums are not refundable. It is strongly recommended that comprehensive travel insurance is taken out which includes cover against cancellation charges. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. In the event of the cancellation of a booking where the client is liable to pay to the Company cancellation charges in excess of the amount already paid to the Company at the time of cancellation, the client cannot transfer or add these charges to another booking or use any amounts paid to us in relation to the cancelled booking by way of part payment for another booking. Part cancellation of a booking may result in additional costs being payable by the remaining clients.
- If we change your tour – Alterations by us + surcharges
While the Company will do its best to operate all tours as advertised, it reserves the right to change and correct errors in any of the facilities, services, prices or itineraries described in this brochure and/or on our the website at any time before or after your booking is confirmed.
Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, the Company will inform the client as soon as it is reasonably possible, provided there is time before departure.
If due to circumstances beyond our control it becomes necessary to substitute an alternative supplier, or make any other alterations to the event (including accommodation) we shall inform you of the changes as soon as possible. You must pay any additional cost due to such changes. If the changes are in the view of Hand Picked Greece, so substantial as to materially alter the event the client will have the choice of accepting the changed arrangements (at additional cost if applicable), purchasing another available tour from the Company (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or cancelling the tour with a full refund of all monies paid to us.
If we have to make a significant change before departure we will as a minimum, where compensation is due, pay you the compensation payments set out in the table below depending on the circumstances and when the significant change is notified to you or your travel agent subject to the following exception. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. Such circumstances are likely to include those listed in clause 13 “Force Majeure”. No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available where a change is a minor one.
We regret we cannot meet any visa or similar costs in the event of any change or cancellation by us. Similarly, as you are advised only to book fully flexible connecting transport and other arrangements (such as pre or post tour accommodation) which can be cancelled or changed without charge, we cannot pay any cancellation, amendment or other charges you may incur in relation to any arrangements which you have to change or cancel as a result of any change to your tour.
Period of notification given Compensation to you or your travel agent per person
More than 42 days: Nil
41-28 days: £20
27-14 days: £30
13 days-date of travel: £40
Very rarely, we may be forced by “force majeure” (see clause 13) to change or terminate your tour after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
Surcharges may be applicable where an event requires a minimum number of participants to proceed, and the group does not meet this minimum number. This could lead to the cancellation of the event of which we are not held responsible and alternatives may be offered of an equal or greater value. If this value is greater, then you must pay us the difference in price. If the final number of a group is an odd number, then a single supplement surcharge will apply to the booking or event (including accommodation), which is number dependent.
- If we cancel your tour
The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour, or any part of it: For safety reasons if we or our supplier(s) regards adverse weather conditions or other safety concerns as unacceptable and which cannot reasonably be overcome; If we reasonably believe that you may cause harm or damage to our reputation or to the reputation of our suppliers or to property belonging to us or our suppliers; If a supplier or suppliers are unable to host the event for any reason; If changes you wish to make to the booking mean it is uneconomical or impractical to hold the event or if you fail to make all payments (including the final balance and any surcharge) when due.
The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not cancel a tour less than 5 weeks before the start of the tour except for force majeure (see clause 13), or the client’s failure to make all payments (including the final balance and any surcharge) when due. If we have to cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure and the cancellation does not result from your failure to pay, we will offer you the choice of purchasing an alternative tour offered as a result of consolidation or another available tour from the Company (in either case, paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us or provide a refund to you to the cost to us of the event. Save as above we shall be under no further liability to you for cancellation of the event or any part of it.
We regret we cannot meet any visa or similar costs in the event of any change or cancellation by us. Similarly, as you are advised only to book fully flexible transport and other arrangements which can be cancelled or changed without charge, we cannot pay any cancellation, amendment or other charges you may incur in relation to any transport or other arrangements which you have to change or cancel as a result of the cancellation of your tour.
Please note, except for the tailor made holiday options “Pick your own” which are guaranteed to run, our tours require a minimum number of participants to enable us to operate them at the advertised price. If any tour does not have the minimum number of participants required to make it commercially viable, we are entitled to cancel it. We will notify you or your travel agent for cancellation for this reason not less than 6 weeks before the start of your tour. For all the tailor made “Pick your own” options, there is no minimum group size and we will not cancel the itinerary unless forced to do so by force majeure (see clause 13). Please also visit the FAQ “Is my holiday guarateed to run?”
No liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where (1) we are forced to cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care (such circumstances are likely to include those listed in clause 13 “Force Majeure”) or (2) we have to cancel because the minimum number of participants necessary for us to operate your tour has not been reached (see above). No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Please ensure that you have a valid travel insurance policy for the countries you will be travelling to or through. It is essential that all members of the party are covered by the policy (in case of families) or have their own policy. Details of policies which may be available to purchase are shown on our website. You must ensure you read all conditions and information applicable to any policy you purchase. Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on your holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. We do not check alternative insurance policies.
- Force majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any injury, damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include whether actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, earthquake, volcano eruption, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control.
- Failure to Provide an Event
If, due to reasons beyond our control, an event is unable to take place due to (but without limitation); closure of premises, the ceases of trading, a change in supplier management, weather restrictions, we will provide you and your group with an alternative event and if this is does not prove possible, a refund to you of the cost to us of the event. If, due to reasons beyond our control, an event is unable to take place due to (but without limitation); closure of premises, the ceases of trading, a change in supplier management, weather restrictions, we will provide you and your group with an alternative event and if this is does not prove possible, a refund to you of the cost to us of the event.
- Our responsibility for your tour – our obligations
We shall take reasonable care and skill in arranging the event and comply with all applicable laws in relation to the event; where ever possible, re-schedule the event instead of cancelling or offer a refund to you of the cost to us of the event.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients appreciate and accept the possible risks of every travel and that they undertake the tours, treks, workshops or expeditions featured in our program at their own volition.
- We promise to make sure that the tour arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide, as applicable, as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss possessions and loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the client(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your tour and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 13 above
- Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract. Any optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday do not form part of our contract as these are all arranged for you directly by the suppliers concerned – please see clause 1. Optional excursions and activities below. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any advertising material or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. Please bear in mind that standards of, for example, safety, hygiene, and quality may vary throughout the destinations, services and transport your tour involves and may be lower than or different to those applicable in the UK. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with the local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
- Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier concerned would have to pay under the international convention or regulation which applies to the travel arrangements in question were that claim made against it (for example, the Warsaw Convention 1929 as amended or un-amended and the Montreal Convention 1999 for international travel by air and/or for airlines with an operating license granted by an EU country, the EC Regulation on Air Carrier Liability No 889/2002 for national and international travel by air, the Athens Convention 1974 for international travel by sea and COTIF, the Convention on International Travel by Rail. Please note: where a carrier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question. Copies of the applicable international conventions and regulations are available from us on request.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any expenses or losses incurred by or relating to any business including self-employed loss of earnings.
- Customer feedback and complains.
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question and our / the tour operator’s local representative or agent (where applicable). Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier and representative / agent (where applicable) as soon as possible. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. Unless there is a valid reason why you did not report your problem to the appropriate person(s), we will not consider ourselves liable for those complaints. If you remain dissatisfied, you must write to us within 30 days of the end of your holiday giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. Only the party leader should write to us. Any claim must be made individually (one per booking). We cannot accept collective claims or petitions. No complaint will be accepted outside of this time frame thus deeming you fully satisfied with all aspects of the event and the services we have provided to you. We will acknowledge any correspondence within 15 days and endeavour to deal with the complaint as quickly as possible. You must bear the costs of informing us of your dissatisfaction. Our offices are not open to the public and any claim must be in written form. You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with our insurers and us, if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred. Please send any correspondence to: Customer Services, Hand Picked Greece, The Olive Farm, Litsarda, Chania, 73 007 Crete, Greece.
- Behavior and damage – Your Obligations
You shall at all times behave in a safe, responsible and courteous manner; comply with all instructions; regulations and codes of practice issued by us or our suppliers; ensure that you comply with all age restrictions imposed by our suppliers; ensure that you comply with all arrival times, and dress appropriately for the event. If you breach these obligations we may cancel or curtail the event or any part of it and in those circumstances you shall not be entitled to any refund. You shall take out insurance suitable for your needs (including delays for events involving travel by land, sea, or air) before the event. You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises.
- Optional excursions and activities
We and our tour leaders may provide you with information (before departure and/or when you are on holiday) about optional activities and excursions which do not form part of your pre-booked holiday arrangements and which are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. They are provided by local operators or other providers who are entirely independent of us and they may or may not have their own public liability insurance. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators / providers and / or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. Where a tour leader collects payment for or otherwise assists in booking any such activity or excursion for you, we and the tour leader act solely as booking agent for the local operator / provider of the activity or excursion with whom you will have a contract. The local operator / provider’s terms and conditions will apply. We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions.
We do not guarantee that any optional activity or excursion mentioned in our brochure, on our website or elsewhere will be available to book during your holiday and / or will operate as advertised as these services do not form part of our contract and are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such activity or excursion or if the activity or excursion does not operate as advertised.
- Late bookings
We emphasize the importance of making a booking at the earliest opportunity, because of the small group nature of our tours.
For bookings received within 60 days of the start of your tour (or at an earlier stage for certain tours), we reserve the right to pass on any extra costs incurred.
For bookings received within 60 days of your tour (or at an earlier stage for certain tours), the contract between the Company and the client comes into existence as soon as full payment has been received by the Company or our authorised travel agent.
If your booking includes accommodation, the named accommodation will remain confidential to Hand Picked Greece and will only be disclosed to you upon receipt of the completed secondary deposit and written confirmation from the supplier. Please note that accommodation for solo travellers will in most cases include a single supplement.
The following are guidelines only so please check your specific holiday as these details may vary.
- All-inclusive: This includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner and normal drinks (mineral water, fruit juice, sodas, wines, local alcohol), generally between 10.00 and 22.00. Some alcoholic drinks may not be included in the formula and will be billed separately by the hotel.
- Full board: This includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, but no drinks.
- Half board: This includes accommodation, breakfast and either dinner or lunch, without drinks. In the case of full board or half board, drinks are not included, unless specifically mentioned in the description.
Payment for any additional food and drink not included in the applicable meal plan must be paid for locally.
We would ask parents travelling with infants to bring with them the appropriate food for their child, as they may not be able to find it at their holiday destination. You may be asked to pay a charge, for example for provision of a cot and/or for heating baby food and drinks. You should request this when making your reservation, though we cannot confirm the availability of such services.
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
No part of this agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or right to enforce any terms of this agreement.
This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales and Scotland and the courts of England, Wales and Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising between you and us or our suppliers.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may need to make changes to these terms and conditions. Any changes can only be made by us and not any third party member. We reserve the right to amend or improve these terms and conditions without prior notification. When it is necessary for changes to be made, we will forward you a copy of these changes and all reservations will abide by the amended terms, with the exception of reservations already made.
- Brochure, website, advertising material
The information contained in our brochure, on our website and in our other advertising material is believed correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of printing or publication. However, errors may occasionally occur and information may subsequently change. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen tour (including the price) with us or your travel agent at the time of booking.
Data protection and privacy statement
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we, Hand Picked Greece (Opsonia Ltd), are a data controller. In order to process your booking, brochure and trip note requests, provide your tour and to help us give you a more personal service, we need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will include, where applicable, the names and contact details of party members, credit or debit card or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen tour arrangements and any dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs. If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you.
We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organisations which need to know them so that your tour can be provided (for example your airline, hotel, other supplier, credit/debit card company or bank).
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a brochure or details of new features, tours or special offers which we think may be of interest to you, including by email). All details you give us in connection with your booking (including those relating to any disability or medical condition or your religious beliefs) will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes (unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so. We respect your privacy and do not sell, rent, trade or give away any of your personal information for any purpose.
Occasionally we hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, for example to mail information to you. We only provide those companies with the personal details relating to you, which they require in order to deliver the service we ask them to deliver. They are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your details for this reason agrees to treat it with the same level of protection we are obliged to provide.
If you do not want us to do any or all of these things, please let us know as soon as possible.
Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect this information.
You are generally entitled to ask us (by letter or e-mail) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We will charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request and fee. In certain limited circumstances we are entitled to refuse your request. If you believe that any of your personal details, which we are processing, are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law, we would encourage you to reread our privacy statement from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information.
Please note, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.