Day tours to Southern Crete - Every Thursday
We depart from The Olive Farm, at the village of Litsarda, at 8:00 am. Alternatively we can discuss a meeting point upon booking.
These tours are offered “on request” so please get in touch to confirm your booking.
Get in touch with us to book your place or to arrange any Private Group bookings.
Hikes and walking tours in Crete
Once a week we organize walking excursions to the gorges and mountain trails of Southern Crete, at the region of Sfakia.
Join us to for walking tours in Crete that will take you away from the tourist areas. Admire the beauty of the majestic cliffs of the White Mountains and the breathtaking views of the Libyan Sea, and experience the local gastronomy at its best.
- Most walks take 3-4 hours and depending on the group’s ability we follow easier or more demanding trails.
- Hikes in small groups (a maximum of 12 people)
- Swim at the crystal clear waters of the Libyan Sea
- Enjoy lunch up in the mountains or by the sea with a selection of local dishes, wine and cheese
- Children receive a 10% discount
- Certified guides with international rescue training schemes – First person on Scene (BLS, First Aid, AED & Oxygen Administration)
Swim and relax
Often if not always during our excursions we get to swim at the crystal clear waters of the Libyan Sea.
You will also have a chance to visit cheese and honey producers who live in these remote areas of Southern Crete, learn about their craft and discover the local star dishes, cheese pies with honey or sausages.
A visit to the local kafenio will give us the chance to refuel with local delicacies, mountain herbal tea and the local raki (a strong spirit) before we head back.
For a more detailed description and information on our walking tours in Crete get in touch with us, keep an eye on our posts or sign up to receive information from us. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Please contact us if you or your guests require special assistance with any parts of the excursion.
Difficulty: depends on the abilities of the group.
Included: Qualified guides, transfer to and from the region of Sfakia, lunch and introduction to the local gastronomy.
Discover Crete’s Natural beauty
- Region: South Crete
- Destination: Sfakia
- Duration: all day
- Activities: hiking, swimming
- Difficulty: adjusted
- Price per person: Please get in touch with us and we will give you the exact rates, children receive a 10% discount
- 2 qualified guides
- transportation to and from the region of Sfakia
- lunch and introduction to local gastronomy (cheese and wine)
- hiking boots or any type of shoe with reasonable grip
- sunscreen and a hat in the summer