Handmade Olive Oil Soap from Crete and Natural Cosmetics
These workshops are offered “on request” so please get in touch to confirm your booking.
For Private Groups please get in touch with us. You can contact us here
Handmade Olive Oil soap from Crete and other lovely cosmetics
Come and spent an interesting morning with us at The Olive Farm. We will share coffee, herbal tea and snacks while learning hundreds of years old methods for the preparation of handmade olive oil soap from Crete and other natural skin care products.
Come on a natural olive oil cosmetics workshop to
- learn to make your own handmade artisanal cosmetics
- use natural local ingredients – herbs and olive oil from the olive farm, goats’ milk and honey from local producers and wild herbs from the mountains of Crete
- learn simple methods that can be easily replicated at home.
Korina, our workshop instructor refuses to use anything artificial and possess an excellent knowledge on the local herbs, their medicinal and cosmetics properties.
We offer a series of workshops on
- Hand made olive oil soap from Crete, made from extra virgin olive oil
- Infused oils
- Beeswax ointments
- Lotions using natural vegetable oils and essential oils
How it’s always been done
Olive oil, avocado oil, goats milk, honey, both wild and cultivated herbs, essential oils from jasmine, lemon, orange and lavender all are products that are not only used heavily in the local cuisine all over Greece but have been used for hundreds of years in what is now called artisanal skin care. Women in rural villages in Greece used to get together and collectively prepare handmade olive oil soap that would keep till next season. The same stood for infusing olive oil for the preparation of aromatic olive oil soaps and lotions. These methods have recently been revived and artisanal skin care is becoming popular with consumers.
Please note that we can accommodate people with disabilities.
Schools and Colleges
If you are representing a school and would like to arrange a private workshop for your students at any day of the week, please get in touch with us and we will organize it for you.
Make olive oil soap for yourself
- Region: West Crete, Chania
- Destination: The Olive Farm in Litsarda
- Duration: 4 hours
- Difficulty: easy
- Price per person: Contact us and we will give you the exact rates, kids below the age of 10 are free, older kids receive a 10% discount
- Transport: If you require transportation to and from Litsarda please estimate an additional charge of €15 per person for groups of 10
Included: all materials, snacks and beverages, goodie bag with olive oil soap and beeswax ointment.
- All preparation materials, ingredients and equipment
- Protective aprons, goggles and disposable gloves
- Healthy snacks and drinks
Please year a long sleeve shirt /top and closed shoes